Monday, May 9, 2011

Mirror, mirror on the wall...........

Having finished the vanity in the bathroom, and needed to find some stylish mirrors to sit above the sinks. After looking online - I found nothing that suited, or that was in my price range. So I got creative.

I won a bid on ebay for two 2 Vtg. LARGE Wood & Gesso BAROQUE PICTURE~MIRROR FRAMES.

Very antique looking, a little garish with their gold colouring, but perfect for what I had in mind.

I bought some gloss black spray paint. Sprayed a few coats on each. Took them to the local glass shop, to have mirrors fitted inside the frame, and then had my lovely husband assist in hanging them level above the vessel sinks. I think the outcome was good. What do you think?

My winning Ebay bid!

First coat of paint

Lovely detailing. Just need the mirror!





Chris helping to hook and hang them!

Hanging above the vanity

His and her sink and mirror!

Happy Helen with her new mirrors!

No comments:

Post a Comment